CommVault Introduces Simple, Cost-Effective Data Management Bundle for Microsoft Exchange Environments
—New Bundle Integrates Hardware Snapshot, Protection and Archive Software with Simplified Licensing and Rapid Deployment Capabilities—
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — July 13, 2011
The need to better manage data growth, optimize infrastructure costs, and improve availability of mission-critical messaging systems data continues to intensify as organizations adopt and upgrade to Microsoft® Exchange Server 2010. According to Sheila Childs, research vice president at Gartner, "Many companies rolling out this latest release of Exchange are considering an overhaul of their legacy backup products based on a single, unified strategy that aligns data protection, archive and discovery." As the pioneer in modern data protection, CommVault is introducing a new bundle to its channel partners designed to simplify the management, lower the cost and increase the productivity of applications running in mid-range and smaller IT environments. The new bundle combines award-winning Simpana® software backup and content archiving with a broad range of protection capabilities including application-aware snapshot management, source-side deduplication, global reporting, and leading hardware and service recommendations that simplify protection and recovery for growing Exchange environments.
- CommVault is introducing a new Modern Data Management bundle to help users address with a single solution a variety of data management issues common to several applications including Microsoft Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Active Directory, Hyper-V and VMware environments. The new bundle is available through CommVault's worldwide channel partner network.
- Unlike alternative "point-product" approaches to Exchange management, the CommVault bundle addresses recovery, archiving, data reduction and policy management, from a single platform and interface to dramatically reduce the cost and complexity of protecting dynamic email environments. This eliminates the need for users to implement separate backup applications and archiving products.
- The new Modern Data Management bundle includes advanced software, as well as hardware and services recommendations, and operational guidelines that leverage CommVault's expertise in modern data management.
- The linchpin of the Modern Data Management Bundle is a flexible capacity licensing model that lets customers protect Microsoft Exchange and other applications and file types. Users can change scope, scale and protection methods at will and for little additional cost or management overhead. Additionally, the CommVault capacity licensing model provides an affordable entry point and seamless growth path when compared to traditional, standalone backup/ recovery and archive software.
- The new fully unified solution packages CommVault® Simpana 9 software capacity licenses for both Backup/Recovery and Archive which include advanced capabilities like source-side deduplication and its SnapProtect™ technology for application consistent snapshots with reference architectures and implementation guidance. CommVault's long history of leadership in protecting Microsoft applications was reinforced recently when Microsoft awarded the company its 2011 Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year award.
- CommVault Simpana 9 software was also recently named the winner of the Backup and Recovery category in the Best of Tech-Ed 2011 awards program produced by Penton Media's Windows IT Pro, SQL Server Magazine, DevProConnections and SharePoint Pro.
CommVault Advances Modern Data Management
- CommVault recognizes the pivotal role its channel partners play in driving successful Microsoft Exchange implementations.
- CommVault's comprehensive approach ensures the highest levels of application availability with SnapProtectTM technology, which creates application consistent snapshots of Microsoft Exchange environments in minutes without complex scripting. This technology makes granular Exchange 2010 restores much easier and faster than recoveries using legacy methods. The bundle also enables granular restores from previous versions of Exchange to Exchange 2010.
- The new Modern Data Management Bundle also includes Simpana software's advanced capabilities like source-side deduplication, which eliminates redundant data at the source to increase network efficiency and reduce storage requirements.
- Overall storage costs and migration timetables can be reduced significantly using integrated archiving that moves old, infrequently accessed data from primary disk storage to less expensive, secondary storage tiers including cloud storage.
- CommVault's Modern Data Management Bundle offers end-users, IT teams, along with legal and compliance teams the ability to monitor, classify and report on the size, scope and operational characteristics of the Exchange environment. Additionally, capacity usage and advanced reporting views help accelerate migration efforts to Exchange 2010, while also identifying stale data for archiving policies.
- Ron Miiller, senior vice president of worldwide sales for CommVault:
"CommVault's new Modern Data Management Bundle combines a host of otherwise expensive functionality that Exchange administrators need to confidently keep pace with today's dynamic email environments. With industry-leading functionality, flexible capacity licensing, useful reference architectures and best practice guidelines, this solution offers compelling cost and operational benefits to partners and their customers who have grappled with the pain of legacy approaches for backup and recovery."
- Firooz Ghanbarzadeh, director of servers and storage solutions for CDW:
"CDW is continuously looking for new ways to help our customers streamline the purchasing, deployment and management of leading-edge IT solutions. CommVault's ready-made Modern Data Management Bundle allows us to help our customers do just that by providing a reliable, cost-effective data management solution for Microsoft Exchange environments."
Pricing and Availability
- Pricing for the software component of CommVault's Modern Data Management Bundle begins at $25,000 and includes extensive backup/recovery and archive functionality. The CommVault bundle includes a software capacity licensing SKU, reference architectures and leading practice guidelines to help channel partners and their customers quickly and easily match backup, recovery and archive needs with appropriate hardware and services for optimal data protection.
- The Modern Data Management Bundle will be generally available, worldwide, in August.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.