CommVault Simpana Software Wins Best of Tech-Ed Award for Backup and Recovery
— Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Azure, AD and Virtualization Integration Earns CommVault Top Honors at Microsoft Tech-Ed 2011 —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — May 26, 2011
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 software has been named the winner of the Backup and Recovery category in the Best of Tech-Ed 2011 awards program produced by Penton Media's Windows IT Pro, SQL Server Magazine, DevProConnections and SharePoint Pro.
- The Best of Tech-Ed 2011 awards recognize companies that offer the industry's most innovative products. Judges reviewed 334 products and services submitted for the award and chose 48 finalists to be interviewed at the Microsoft Tech-Ed North America 2011 conference in Atlanta, Georgia on May 16, 2011. Winners were announced at the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, May 18.
- According to Jason Bovberg, Senior Editor of Windows IT Pro, "Simpana [software] has evolved into a comprehensive, one-stop suite of data-protection functionality, and version 9 brings an impressive array of new features to the table. New 'universal de-duplication,' snapshot protection, and fast-migration options – as well as smooth Exchange/SharePoint and VMware/Hyper-V virtualization integration – push CommVault into the winners' circle."
- A full list of winners and product descriptions can be found on the Windows IT Pro website.
CommVault's® Simpana® 9 for Microsoft Platforms
- Simpana 9 software is the foundation for modern data management and allows users to better manage information assets, recover and search data more quickly, and ultimately save money over loosely integrated, legacy solutions. CommVault has optimized Simpana 9 software in order to protect data and information assets wherever they reside; physical, virtual, and in the cloud. Simpana software delivers a truly unified approach that helps users accelerate performance, improve efficiency and lower cost.
- The Windows Server 2008 R2 certified and Hyper-V accredited Simpana 9 software is a single software platform that enables data protection, active-archiving, granular backup and recovery, deduplication and content search and indexing for Windows, Windows Server, Hyper-V and applications residing in Windows environments. CommVault software can also assist customers in migrating from UNIX, Linux and Netware to Windows as a heterogeneous data backed up and archived by CommVault can be restored to Windows.
Jason Bovberg, Senior Editor of Windows IT Pro
Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist, Windows Products & Microsoft Partnerships, CommVault
- "We narrowed down a list of more than 300 products this year to 48 extremely deserving finalists—an honor in itself," said Jason Bovberg, Senior Editor of Windows IT Pro. "All 48 finalists represent highly distinguished products and services in their categories. We love all these products! But through our research and show-floor interview process, we managed to choose this year's winners. Our 2011 Best of Best of Tech-Ed winners stand apart from the pack, either offering an edge in product functionality, boasting enhanced feature sets in new versions, or introducing innovative technology," remarked Bovberg. Winners were chosen based on their innovation, strategic importance to the market, competitive advantage, and exceptional value to customers."
Karl Dittman, Business Development Director, Microsoft Corporation
- "It is an honor to be recognized by the Microsoft community as the best backup and recovery platform. This award affirms CommVault's commitment to providing customers with a modern approach to data management through a tightly integrated blend of snapshot, replication and persistent copies that are secure, deduplicated, managed, and accessible through a single, unified platform."
- "For more than a decade, CommVault and Microsoft have partnered to develop data management solutions for the Windows platform. Microsoft congratulates CommVault for earning the 2011 Best of Tech-Ed award for Backup and Recovery and we look forward to our continued collaboration on simple, yet powerful products that provide heterogeneous data management to our customers."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
About Penton Media
As a leading, independent, business-to-business media company, Penton knows business and how to create and disseminate vital content that moves markets. Penton is where professionals turn to gain the critical insight, expert analysis and relevant connections needed to compete and succeed. Headquartered in New York City, the privately held company is owned by MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP, and its co-investors. For additional information on the company and its businesses, visit www.penton.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.