LWG Consulting Modernizes Data Protection and Business Continuity with CommVault Simpana Software
— Global DR Consultancy Reduces TCO while Reaping Multiple Benefits from Simpana Backup & Recovery, Deduplication, Replication and Archive Software to Meet Critical RTO/RPOs —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — OCEANPORT, NJ — May 17, 2011
- LWG Consulting, a global company that works closely with insurance companies on disaster recovery, damage assessment and loss consulting solutions, has deployed CommVault® Simpana® software to elevate company-wide business continuity across 22 locations worldwide.
- Lower total cost of ownership (TCO), improved data availability and the ability to manage rapid data growth were key business drivers for LWG as the company made the decision to replace its legacy Symantec environment with CommVault Simpana software.
- In keeping with corporate best practices, LWG keeps millions of high-resolution photos and data captured during insurance investigations for 12 years, creating 100 TBs of storage, which continues to grow by about one terabyte per week.
- After experiencing repeated problems with full backups, which took two months to complete, as well as deduplication problems that caused database corruptions and lost backups, the company now takes advantage of Simpana software's scalable, modern data protection approach with disk-based backup and recovery, global deduplication, replication and archive capabilities to meet critical RTOs/RPOs.
- LWG estimates that selecting CommVault Simpana software over competitive solutions, including EMC Avamar, Data Domain or IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), has saved the company more than $1 million in costs when compared to products that would have locked LWG into additional, expensive and proprietary hardware.
CommVault's Modern Data Management Delivers Tangible Benefits
- According to LWG, only CommVault Simpana software met the company's 15-item selection criteria checklist, which included the ability to backup files over a slow WAN link, replicate backups to another site, take full-image backups of virtual machines (VMs) and perform message-level backups in Microsoft Exchange environments.
- According to LWG, CommVault's global deduplication exceeded expectations; the company has reduced its backup footprint significantly to yield a 92.6 percent space savings between servers at all locations.
- Additionally, LWG claims to have achieved a 79 percent compression ratio, which enables the company to perform full backups in less than two hours. Moreover, LWG appreciates the ease with which application restores are handled; the granularity of Exchange 2010 recoveries allows LWG to recover entire mailboxes or individual files, including LinkedIn contacts and RSS feeds.
- In taking advantage of CommVault's replication functionality, LWG has improved its disaster recovery capabilities while meeting RTO/RPO goals. The company plans to leverage Simpana archive to reclaim additional space on primary storage.
- A team of three people oversees LWG's technology environment, which comprises one physical and150 virtual servers that support applications and data for 275 users across 22 sites worldwide.
From Paul Slager, Director of IT for LWG Consulting:
- "We developed a 15-item checklist for consideration and were told by a reseller that you can't have everything. Then we came upon CommVault Simpana software and were pleased to find we could get it all in one platform."
- "In addition to better TCO and big-ticket items, like global dedupe, CommVault also handled the finer details, such as suspending or resuming backups, which we knew would be huge for us with our limited WAN pipe."
- "CommVault Simpana software is the clear winner for us in terms of functionality, cost and customer support. We're nine months ahead of our initial ROI projection, mostly due to the great results we're seeing."
- "CommVault's customer support is probably the best I have ever experienced with any product. CommVault meets our business needs and allows us all to breathe a bit easier knowing our data is fully protected."
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' data and results included in this release were supplied to CommVault in good faith by the customer. Data is their estimates and have not been validated by a third party. Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.