CommVault Integrates Cloud-Optimized Simpana Software with Mezeo's Cloud Storage Platform to Simplify and Speed Cloud Services Deployments
— CommVault and Mezeo Partner on Cloud Enablement Solutions to Help Service Providers Accelerate & Monetize Emerging Cloud-Based Service Offerings —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — HOSTING & CLOUD TRANSFORMATION SUMMIT NORTH AMERICA, LAS VEGAS — September 14, 2010
- CommVault and Mezeo Software™ (www.mezeo.com) have partnered to provide enterprises and service providers with secure, reliable and cost-effective cloud-based data management solutions by seamlessly integrating CommVault's cloud-optimized Simpana® software with the Mezeo Cloud Storage Platform.
- CommVault's integrated cloud storage connector for Simpana software simplifies data movement and management for the Mezeo Cloud Storage Platform. Purpose-built for service providers, the rapidly deployable cloud storage platform with built-in data management capabilities enables IT service providers to offer branded cloud storage solutions to end users for disaster recovery, business continuity and compliance requirements.
- With the combined CommVault and Mezeo cloud-enabled storage solution, infrequently accessed archive and backup data can be moved easily to the cloud for reduced reliance on expensive, on-premises disk and tape storage. Simpana software's singular platform and embedded functionality, including data deduplication and encryption, further reduces costs and extends security while easing data tiering to the cloud.
- CommVault Simpana software takes full advantage of native REST connectivity and Mezeo's Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to accelerate the deployment and monetization of value-added cloud storage services.
- CommVault and Mezeo will be discussing their strategies for streamlining cloud storage deployments at the Hosting & Cloud Transformation Summit North America, to be held at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas on Sept.13-15 (Booth Nos. 8 and 9, respectively).
CommVault Extends Simpana Software as a Service
- As a Mezeo Ready Partner solution, the CommVault solution integrates seamlessly with the Mezeo platform to create complete, customized cloud storage offerings.
- CommVault has expanded its Service Provider Program by offering a monthly usage based program where service providers avoid incurring heavy capital expenses by only paying for what they use.
- As a result, CommVault enables service providers to drive new, higher-margin revenue opportunities while minimizing administrative and infrastructure costs by leveraging Simpana software's singular platform and integrated product functionality to support a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) commercial business model.
- CommVault's technical support can meet the specific needs of service providers with the Remote Operations Management Service (ROMS®) offering, which provides integrated alerting, reporting and data verification functionality based on standard Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- David West, vice president of marketing and business development for CommVault:
"CommVault is committed to working with our technology and service provider partners in helping enterprises embrace a cost-effective cloud computing model. Our Simpana software and modular approach to data management integrates transparently with Mezeo's service-enabled cloud storage platform to streamline customer deployments and quickly monetize new managed services."
- Steve Lesem, president and CEO of Mezeo Software:
"Together, CommVault and Mezeo are making it easier for service providers to rapidly deliver robust cloud storage services with fully integrated data management capabilities. As a member of our Mezeo Ready community, CommVault has seamlessly integrated Simpana software with the Mezeo Cloud Storage Platform, enabling our customers to further differentiate their cloud-based offerings."
- According to Keith Archibald, product development specialist for Revera, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service provider based in Wellington, New Zealand, the partnership between CommVault and Mezeo enables Revera to provide its customers with a scalable cloud platform delivering managed services that address emerging backup, archive, disaster recovery and compliance requirements. "With the combined Mezeo cloud storage and CommVault Simpana software solution, we can offer our customers a fast and flexible solution for moving, managing and storing data securely and reliably in the Revera Cloud while opening up new revenue streams from value-added services."
About Mezeo Software
Mezeo is the industry's leading provider of a deployable platform for cloud storage. Service-enabled, the Mezeo platform is easy to deploy, multi-tenant, highly scalable and secure, with the Mezeo Cloud Storage API and Interoperability API for platform extensibility. With Mezeo, IT Service Providers can rapidly monetize Storage as a Service with a branded offering, and large enterprises can implement a secure, private cloud with clients for BlackBerry®, iPhone and the Web. Mezeo was named in CRN's list of the Top 25 Coolest Emerging Vendors of 2010. For more information, visit www.mezeo.com.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2010 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.