CommVault Unveils 'Cloud DR' Offering Hosted at Rackspace to Provide Small and Medium-Sized Businesses with Affordable, Flexible Alternative to Traditional Disaster Recovery
— CommVault's Expanded Channel Program Helps Customers Boost Business Continuity while Lowering DR Costs by Leveraging CommVault's Cloud-Optimized Simpana Software & Rackspace® Cloud Services —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) — HOSTING & CLOUD TRANSFORMATION SUMMIT NORTH AMERICA, LAS VEGAS — September 14, 2010
- CommVault is introducing "Cloud DR," a mid-market disaster recovery offering that enables customers to realize higher levels of business continuity without the large capital investments typically required by traditional, off-premises disaster recovery solutions.
- CommVault will provide small and medium-sized businesses with an affordable, flexible disaster recovery solution that leverages the seamless integration between CommVault's enterprise cloud computing-optimized Simpana® software and Rackspace Cloud Hosting services.
- With CommVault's integrated cloud storage connector for Simpana software, joint customers can use CommVault's single console to move on-premise backup and archive data securely and reliably to Rackspace Cloud Files™, which provides online storage for files and media. The result gives customers the opportunity to reduce internal IT costs by moving infrequently accessed files and email data off expensive, tier-one storage to lower-cost cloud storage.
- CommVault is further reducing costs while bolstering business continuity with Cloud DR, which offers a simple, economical way to perform full or partial recoveries of Windows and Linux archives and backup data stored in Rackspace Cloud Servers™.
- In lowering the barriers to entry for mid-market disaster recovery, CommVault helps its customers meet ever-increasing recovery time and recovery point objectives (RTO/RPO). In addition, the solution reduces reliance on costly and cumbersome on-premises and offsite tape management and can improve DR testing.
- CommVault will introduce Cloud DR at the Hosting & Cloud Transformation Summit North America, to be held at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas on Sept.13-15 (Booth No. 8).
CommVault's Expanded Channel Program Accelerates Adoption of End-to-End Cloud Solutions
- For CommVault channel partners, this expanded program enables them to deliver hosted, off-premise solutions to their customers without investment in additional infrastructure and resources.
- CommVault's partners can grow their respective businesses by leveraging this new avenue to simplify the movement, protection, archiving and disaster recovery of all types of physical and virtualized data stored in the cloud, including Oracle and SAP databases as well as Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint applications.
- For more than four years, CommVault has worked with Rackspace to support its managed services business while protecting more than 45,000 servers encompassing over 24 PBs of vital customer data.
- Recently, Rackspace was given the top ranking in a cloud infrastructure report produced by Info-Tech Research Group.
- Jeff Echols, Senior Director of Cloud Strategy & Alliances for CommVault:
"CommVault is redefining mid-market disaster recovery by offering a fully integrated Cloud DR solution, which reduces the financial challenges associated with traditional DR services that provide affordable and rapid recovery of backup and archive data residing in the cloud."
- Nishan Sivathasan, Director, Corporate Development for Rackspace:
"CommVault's seamless integration of Rackspace cloud services will have a strong appeal to CommVault's customers that want to extend more data into the cloud while reducing disaster recovery risk without overburdening constrained IT budgets and resources. With Cloud DR, CommVault is accelerating the delivery of a new type of cloud-based DR solution."
Pricing and Availability
- New and existing CommVault® Simpana software customers can leverage Rackspace's cloud-based data storage by purchasing a per-terabyte capacity license from CommVault, which enables them to easily store data on-premises or in the cloud. CommVault customers can purchase Cloud Files storage for approximately 15 cents per GB/month.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2010 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.