CommVault Descends on Boston for Dell Storage Forum 2012
Thursday, June 07, 2012
Guest post by Mark Eastman
The CommVault team is putting the finishing touches on our plans for next week’'Dell Storage Forum 2012 conference in Boston. As we descend on The Hub, we wanted to give our customers and partners a rundown of our activities at the show and get feedback on what you might want to hear.
We're planning a wide range of breakout sessions, demos and booth activities to bring you up to speed on how CommVault and Dell are working together to deliver truly automated storage tiering and how we make it possible to rapidly deploy data and information management for large-scale virtual environments through a combination of the industry’s most advanced hardware snapshot management capabilities and tight integration with Dell storage arrays.
Here's a snapshot of our sessions at Dell Storage Forum Boston. Check them out and be sure to swing by our booth!
Dell Compellent Backup and Recovery Best Practices with CommVault SnapProtect
- Who: Kris Piepho, Technical Marketing Sr. Advisor, Dell Compellent; Jason Boche, Virtualization Product Specialist, Dell Compellent; Juan Garcia, OEM System Engineering Manager, CommVault
- What: Boche, Garcia and Piepho will discuss the integration of CommVault SnapProtect with Dell Compellent storage arrays to provide space-efficient snapshots, continuous data protection and recovery using a simple point-and-click interface for Microsoft Windows and VMware environments. Learn how Compellent's integration with CommVault simplifies and automates data protection and expedites rapid recovery operations. Learn how to protect hundreds of virtual machines (VMs) in minutes with CommVault SnapProtect and the Simpana 9 Virtual Server Agent (VSA).
- When: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 1:50 p.m. – 2:50 p.m. EDT
- Where: The Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel, Harbor Ballroom II
Dell Efficient Data Management and Governance Solutions for Unstructured Data
- Who: Chris Mollo, Manager of Enterprise Storage ISV Business Development, Dell Compellent; Tim Titches, Sr. Data Management Specialist, Dell Compellent
- What: Mollo and Titches will delve into the software features and benefits included in Dell's integrated Email and File archiving and data management solutions and detail real-world use cases and best practices for storage consolidation, retention policies, and eDiscovery with Simpana 9 software.
- When: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 3:10 p.m. – 4:10 p.m. EDT
- Where: The Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel, Lewis Room
CommVault Simpana Software: 'Solving Forward by Design' – A Dell Tiered Storage Reference Architecture
- Who: Juan Garcia, OEM System Engineering Manager, CommVault; Kris Piepho, Technical Marketing Sr. Advisor, Dell Compellent
- What: Garcia and Piepho will present test findings and demonstrate a Tiered Storage Reference Architecture that, through integration between Dell Compellent storage systems and Simpana 9, creates architecture for intelligently and automatically managing data across multiple tiers of Dell storage. CommVault Simpana Software integrates into Compellent's Fluid Data architecture to extend their "Right data, Right place, Right time" mantra to Dell's DL Appliance for data protection and to the DX Object Storage Platform for long-term archiving.
- When: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 11:20 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. EDT
- Where: The Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel, Griffin Room
Come by and check us out!
Mark Eastman is Director of OEM Marketing for CommVault.
Submit a Comment
Please note that your comments will be sent directly to the author of this blog, and will be published upon approval per CommVault's comment policy.
The content of this blog reflects the thoughts and opinions of the author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of CommVault Systems, Inc. ("CommVault") and CommVault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made by the author of this blog. Any and all third party links provided by this blog are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, CommVault.